What Does Lockdown Look Like for You & Your Family?
OMG, how the world has changed!
Before covid-19 took over the world, I think it’s fair to say that we took our normal lives for granted.
Once lockdown hit, the world as we know it changed and a new normal became our daily lives:
- Essential travel only
- People working from home where they could
- Schools closed
- All routine hospital appointments and operations cancelled
- No travelling for exercise
- Only socialising with our own household
- “Social distancing” the new buzz word
- Amazing support of NHS and key workers
But I think one of the big things that have come out of being in lockdown is people realising what is actually important in their life – and its not necessarily the things we might have thought of before.
Its obviously different for every person but I think its fair to say that we are all appreciating the more simpler things in life and I know a lot of people have taken the opportunity of making the most out of the lockdown for them. I know people who have:
- Started a new martial art with the virtual classes being offered from our academy
- Used forced home schooling as a guinea pig for continuing after the schools go back
- Launched a business
- Re-evaluated their priorities
- Changed their business model completely
- Used the opportunity to get fit and lose weight
- Moved their business completely online
- Added takeaway and delivery services
- Added online ordering
- And lots more!
I’ve also seen a big mix of feelings when it comes to returning to work after furlough – some are chomping at the bit to go back whereas other people have realised they don’t want to return! This happened to us when hubby realised he wanted to take a more active role with our family and home schooling so he’s handed his notice in 😊
What changes have you seen in your life, what are you thinking will happen once lockdown is completely lifted?