What Does Lockdown Look Like for You & Your Family?
OMG, how the world has changed!
Before covid-19 took over the world, I think it’s fair to say that we took our normal lives for granted.
Once lockdown hit, the world as we know it changed and a new normal became our daily lives:
- Essential travel only
- People working from home where they could
- Schools closed
- All routine hospital appointments and operations cancelled
- No travelling for exercise
- Only socialising with our own household
- “Social distancing” the new buzz word
- Amazing support of NHS and key workers
But I think one of the big things that have come out of being in lockdown is people realising what is actually important in their life – and its not necessarily the things we might have thought of before.
Its obviously different for every person but I think its fair to say that we are all appreciating the more simpler things in life and I know a lot of people have taken the opportunity of making the most out of the lockdown for them. I know people who have:
- Started a new martial art with the virtual classes being offered from our academy
- Used forced home schooling as a guinea pig for continuing after the schools go back
- Launched a business
- Re-evaluated their priorities
- Changed their business model completely
- Used the opportunity to get fit and lose weight
- Moved their business completely online
- Added takeaway and delivery services
- Added online ordering
- And lots more!
I’ve also seen a big mix of feelings when it comes to returning to work after furlough – some are chomping at the bit to go back whereas other people have realised they don’t want to return! This happened to us when hubby realised he wanted to take a more active role with our family and home schooling so he’s handed his notice in 😊
What changes have you seen in your life, what are you thinking will happen once lockdown is completely lifted?
Hello, I’m Emma Walker and I’m here to support lovely mums!
My core mission and everything I do is about empowering women with children to be smart, savvy and successful entrepreneurs. By ditching the overwhelm, side stepping the guilt and becoming the business owner they dreamt of being
I work with busy mums in 1 – 1 and group programmes where I hold your hand and take you through the steps you need to take to go from overwhelm to action