3 Things I Do to Make My Life a Little Easier
As mums, our lives can be hectic trying to juggle everything and keep all the different balls in the air – now throw in running a business and home schooling and it can become very overwhelming and tricky to manage everything
So, I thought I would share the ways that I try to make each of my different ‘roles’ a little easier to manage
Making My Mum Job a Little Easier
I think it’s fair to say that being a mum is a full time job on its own, then mix in running a business and home schooling things soon get a little busy and if I’m not careful, overwhelming
So what do I do to make things a little easier …
- Know that there’s no such thing as Supermum and perfection doesn’t exist either. So I take away that pressure on myself and just try to be a good enough mum 💯
- Planning is my friend so I make sure that everyone knows what’s going on. Theres a calendar in the kitchen as well as a whiteboard with all the weekly activities we have going on
- Sometimes we eat healthy and sometimes we don’t as I haven’t had time but do you know what – as long as my kids have been fed something, I’m happy and I’ll sleep easy tonight ✅
I’d love to know some of your top tips for helping you with your mum role, comment or message me 😍
Making Home Schooling a Little Easier to Manage
This will be my fifth year as a home schooling mum of 3 girls (Year 9, Year 4 and Reception) so I think I’ve learned a thing or 2 about making it work for us so thought I’d share some of what we do to give you an idea of how I balance my mum, home educator and business owner roles 🤩
- There has to be a loose plan of what we’re going to do otherwise I would lose my shit 💯 There’s so much going on that organisation is key
- Follow my girls lead and it makes life a LOT easier. This means focusing on topics that they are interested in and that way we can cover maths, english and lots of other ‘subjects’ are covered ✅
- I don’t compare my girls to school children, they will learn things at their own pace and for some things they will be ‘ahead’, other things will be the same level and other stuff they’ll be ‘behind’. But they learn things when they are ready – my 8 year old learned to tell the time after a 10 minute conversation whereas my eldest covered the topic for a whole term when she was at school 💯
There’s lots of other things we do but thought i’d share just 3 things I do 😍
Prioritising Business Development
Some of the more common questions I get asked are all to do with how I manage to balance my roles as mum, home educator and business owner
They are all massively important and seemingly full time jobs on their own but once you combine them, you need to be as organised as possible 💯
So from a business owner point of view, what do I do to grow my business?
- Schedule in time to review my marketing to see what’s working, what isn’t. Where do I need to make some tweaks 🤩
- I invest in myself and my business so I work with my own coach to push me and give me a kick up the arse if I need it 😍
- Make use of tools that can make my life so much easier. When I only have small pockets of time available, I want to make the most of them ✅
What about you, what are 3 things you do to help you manage your busy life?
Want to Go From Overwhelm to Clarity?
Check out my BRAND NEW Busy Mums Set for Success Bootcamp which takes you through esactly what you need to do to build the perfect business you’ve always dreamt about
Hello, I’m Emma Walker and I’m here to support lovely mums!
My core mission and everything I do is about empowering women with children to be smart, savvy and successful entrepreneurs. By ditching the overwhelm, side stepping the guilt and becoming the business owner they dreamt of being
I work with busy mums in 1 – 1 and group programmes where I hold your hand and take you through the steps you need to take to go from overwhelm to action